Wednesday 8 September 2010

The Trail Booklet Arrives

Well well well the moment has arrived with the glorious fantastically brilliant, add your own adjectives at will, trail booklet has arrived  (always wanted to start a blog like that). What can I say we are even gaining international recognition throughout Europe Belgium sent its two finest teachers to work with us or they came as part of the Da Vinci scheme, I prefer to think of it as the former.

Today there were four of us myself (Dan), Amy, Alex and Jono. Today the responsibility seemed to increase to unparallelled highs, first of all we got to run through the booklet and make sure everything was correct and in working order, which it was a result which doesn't normally occur when I'm involved. Then we got the call to say the text for the booklet needed to be sent in the exact form, which panicked me a little but it has been worked through and is now being checked over by Rachael, before being sent back. Progress at an alarming rate until it is realised that i have made a few errors with the text (this hasn't been confirmed but is more than likely).

It was then the time to write an official section about Stories of the World for the back cover of the booklet. Of course as it had to be "official" that sent waves of fear through the ranks but hey what can you do, personally I think what the group came up with looks passable as official. And a pass is a pass right.

To finish off we went with the most challenging aspect of the day designing the video for the virtual trail luckily our 2 teachers had experience in this so it was great to have them around. Unfortunately I can't tell you too much about their designs other than they were looking innovative fun and thought provoking. Now this isn't down to secret service like security but my sneaking out of the room and phoning Colour Heroes to admit that I was confused by the picture Sudoku that an eight year old could figure out easily. It's fair to say that was not my finest hour.

There is no video today as like the genius that I am I forgot but hopefully my vivid description and literary technique has painted a picture in your mind. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words and I can't be bothered to type that many, hopefully it worked if not never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment